Change capture stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srao
Premium Member
Premium Member

Change capture stage

Post by srao »

Hi ,

I am using change capture stage for SCD2 . While comaparing the old and new , I set Explicit keys All values in the change capture stage .

Intial data load runs fine but second run its creating double data set and there is no new record in new data set. please help any suggestions
other jobs works fine but this one job giving me problem.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Try running the job on a single node, is it still duplicating?

Make sure you have your before and after sets the right way round.

Expand a bit on what you mean by "double data set" and "no new records", what records are there within the "double data set"?
srao
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by srao »

[quote="Kryt0n"]Try running the job on a single node, is it still duplicating?

Make sure you have your before and after sets the right way round.

Expand a bit on what you mean by "double data set" and "no new records", what records are there within the "double data set"?[/quote]

Thank you for giving suggestions.

Actually I set correctly before after dataset for change capture stage.

While comparing old and new data it should pass if new records then insert in to new insert file but first initially run it works fine for next load still there is no new data set still its inserting new records because there is no records updated. so its duplicating the records.pl suggest if any .
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Have you tried on single node yet?
ReachKumar
Participant

Post by ReachKumar »

I guess , the same input files are used(With same data) for both the runs and the output file update mode is append.

If my guessing is correct, change the update mode to Overwrite and test with different input data.
Regards,
Kumar