How to capture Reject data from reference dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srai
Participant

How to capture Reject data from reference dataset

Post by srai »

Hi All,

I have a requirement to capture the reference data which is not matching with the master data set.

How could we implement in DataStage using a single stage means either Transformer or Lokkup or Join or Merge?
grimm336
Participant

Post by grimm336 »

For this join can be the best option.
beacause in look up you can only get records of master dataset,
grimm
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Forget data combining stages (Lookup, Join, Merge) - they do not allow you to identify the rows that were not processed.

Look at one of the change detection stage types (Difference, Compare or, perhaps, Change Capture).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srinivas.g
Participant

Post by srinivas.g »

you can use merge stage.
it will cpature reference dataset reject records.
Srinu Gadipudi
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

But it won't
srai wrote:capture the reference data which is not matching with the master data set
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srikanth386
Participant

Re: How to capture Reject data from reference dataset

Post by srikanth386 »

srai wrote:Hi All,

I have a requirement to capture the reference data which is not matching with the master data set.

How could we implement in DataStage using a single stage means either Transformer or Lokkup or Join or Merge?
definitely we can use the merge stage to capture the secondary(i.e ref ) dataset because when u go to join we cannot have any reject link capture and when u go for lookup it will capture the only primary unmatched data....so better to go for merge such that we can capture the secondary records into the reject link....
SRIKANTH
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you ever used a Merge stage, Srikanth?

What row goes into the reject link - the one from the master input or the one from the update (reference) input?

Also, please strive for a professional standard of written Engish on DSXchange. The second person personal pronoun in English is spelled "you". U is one of our posters.
srinivas.g
Participant

Post by srinivas.g »

update(reference) input link reject rows
Srinu Gadipudi
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

srikanth386 wrote:

definitely we can use the merge stage to capture the secondary(i.e ref ) dataset because when u go to join we cannot have any reject link capture and when u go for lookup it will capture the only primary unmatched data....so better to go for merge such that we can capture the secondary records into the reject link....
'

Srikanth,
I just wanted to know that can we get reject data from both master set and reference set using merge store?
srai
Participant

Post by srai »

srikanth386 wrote:

'

Srikanth,
I just wanted to know that can we get reject data from both master set and reference set using merge store?
srinivas.g
Participant

Post by srinivas.g »

Yes....(Merge stage)

Master reject rows will stored in stream output link and
Reference reject rows will be stored in reject link.
Srinu Gadipudi