Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

attu
Participant

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected

Post by attu »

Hi,
we installed IIS 8.1 on RHEL v5.4 (myserver1). The install went okay and WAS, IS is up and running. The metadata XMETA (oracle 10g) is on a different server (oradev1).

We are unable to connect to DataStage Designer Client and getting this error message:

Code: Select all

Failed to authenticate the current user against the selected Domain
A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://myserver1:2809".  Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running.  A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809.  Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.

javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://myserver1:2809".  Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running.  A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809.  Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration.
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService$WASServer.init(JAASAuthenticationService.java:584)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.loginImpl(JAASAuthenticationService.java:321)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService.login(JAASAuthenticationService.java:160)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.AuthenticationService.doLoginImpl(AuthenticationService.java:879)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.client.AuthenticationService.doLogin(AuthenticationService.java:365)
Caused by: javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: A communication failure occurred while attempting to obtain an initial context with the provider URL: "iiop://myserver1:2809".  Make sure that any bootstrap address information in the URL is correct and that the target name server is running.  A bootstrap address with no port specification defaults to port 2809.  Possible causes other than an incorrect bootstrap address or unavailable name server include the network environment and workstation network configuration. [Root exception is org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: initial and forwarded IOR inaccessible  vmcid: IBM  minor code: 58C  completed: No]
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.mapInitialReferenceFailure(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:1975)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.mergeWsnNSProperties(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:1179)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getRootContextFromServer(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:727)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getRootJndiContext(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:650)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.getInitialContextInternal(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:497)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContext(WsnInitCtx.java:113)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.getContextIfNull(WsnInitCtx.java:428)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtx.lookup(WsnInitCtx.java:144)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:363)
	at com.ascential.acs.security.auth.JAASAuthenticationService$WASServer.init(JAASAuthenticationService.java:541)
	... 4 more
Caused by: org.omg.CORBA.INTERNAL: initial and forwarded IOR inaccessible  vmcid: IBM  minor code: 58C  completed: No
	at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1213)
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1320)
	at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1109)
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.createRequest(ClientDelegate.java:1286)
	at com.ibm.rmi.corba.ClientDelegate.request(ClientDelegate.java:1816)
	at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ClientDelegate.request(ClientDelegate.java:1242)
	at org.omg.CORBA.portable.ObjectImpl._request(ObjectImpl.java:458)
	at com.ibm.WsnBootstrap._WsnNameServiceStub.getProperties(Unknown Source)
	at com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory.mergeWsnNSProperties(WsnInitCtxFactory.java:1162)
	... 12 more
the /etc/hosts file has the entry of both servers (myserver1 and oradev1) and their ip addresses.

What could be the issue? We are able to connect to the web console of WAS and IS.

Please let us know if their is anything missing in the configuration.

Thanks
paulgroome
Participant

Me too!

Post by paulgroome »

Hello there,

Yes, I'm having the same problem. Although it seems that I'm getting the error because the WebSphere server1 has crashed (?!). I've configured DataStage security to use 'WebSphere User Registry'. And in turn I have configured WebSphere to use 'Local OS' authentication. When I try to login with any user other than 'dsadm' or 'admin', Server1 coredumps and I get this (in the post above) at login.
Does anyone have any ideas?
sajidkp
Participant

Post by sajidkp »

Have you tried after restarting the server. once i faced the issue and restart solved my problem.
Regards,
Sajid KP
paulgroome
Participant

Post by paulgroome »

Hi Sajidkp.

I've tried a number of things including restarting and it doesnt help. I thought that there was a problem witht he configuration fo the users being setup on the server and so I tried to set them up manually, however this doesnt work successfully and also gives me the following error:

[iehibu10] /u01/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin ./AppServerAdmin.sh -db -user USERNAME -password pa22ord
java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid entry compressed size (expected 522 but got 525 bytes)
at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.closeEntry(ZipOutputStream.java:219)
at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.finish(ZipOutputStream.java:314)
at java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream.close(DeflaterOutputStream.java:162)
at java.util.zip.ZipOutputStream.close(ZipOutputStream.java:336)
at com.ascential.asb.admin.appserver.tools.ChangeDbUserInfo.patchOjb(ChangeDbUserInfo.java:205)
at com.ascential.asb.admin.appserver.tools.ChangeDbUserInfo.run(ChangeDbUserInfo.java:41)
at com.ascential.asb.admin.appserver.tools.AppServerAdminCommand.handleRequest(AppServerAdminCommand.java:73)
at com.ascential.asb.admin.appserver.tools.AppServerAdminCommand.main(AppServerAdminCommand.java:102)
[iehibu10] /u01/IBM/InformationServer/ASBServer/bin
Last edited by paulgroome on Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.