DS_JOBS

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

radarada
Participant

DS_JOBS

Post by radarada »

I am trying to use the DS_JOBS to obtain the path listing and job name. I have Server job that works but give peculiar results. When I use view data in the Hash File to retrieve JOB_NAME from DS_JOBS it will show me the correct name....however when I run the job to load the info into a table or file it prints out NRO. Where is the NRO coming from and why would view data show one thing and the job when ran show another?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

NRO means Not Read Only and is another piece of metadata in the table. I would assume you've got your hashed file setup incorrectly. Post your columns and which is marked as the Key field.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
radarada
Participant

Post by radarada »

I checked the JOB_NAME off as the key and it worked...odd
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not really. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hashed files are navigated by field position, rather than by field name. Non-key fields occupy positions 1, 2, 3 and so on.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Moderator: please move to Server forum
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.