compile error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? No, where did I say that? I said you've posted no details about why you can't compile other than your original post which was not a compiler / configuration problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Good Lord. Delete the new post you just created for no good reason before someone replies to it. :roll:

*Note: I deleted it - Andy*
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

Post by suneelchallagali »

hey chulett i will tell the what exaclty problem is

for first time i have installed infoserver.

1 i have installed infoserver 8.1
2. later i realise that visul studio 2003 not installed system, since it is need to compliation of transformer jobs.
3. so i have installed visual studio 2003, after that i have logged into administrator and change value for the
APT_COMPLIEOPT:-W/TP -W/EHa-DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c

APT_LINKOPT:-s-W/dll-W/base:0x50000000

I have deleted string -W/Zc:wchar_t- from both ApT_Complieopt and linkopt

then I have created the simple job

SEQ----->Transformer------->Seq

when i tried to complie the job it is taking very long time so i have disconnected the datastage designer.letr when i logged back to designer when tried to complie it again it is giving me compliation error stating that

"" cannot get exclusive acesses to executable file for job testing_trans_job(job_name)- job may be monitor. ""
suneelchallagali
Participant

okay i will delete the new post which i created.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You "disconnected" the Designer how? By simply closing it? If so, bad idea. Now you need to find that defunct session and disconnect it.
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

I have logged into web console under session folder i have disconnet it
suneelchallagali
Participant

hey chulett can you help me out
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sure, in between the things that *I* have to take care of. However, all we've done is gone around in a huge circle and you're right back where you started - an issue that has nothing whatsoever to do with your choice of compiler or the settings you've chosen.

That message means exactly what it says - you need exclusive access to the executable in order to compile and it can't get it. Typically that also means exactly what it says as to the why - the job may be being monitored. That doesn't have to be you monitoring it, anyone doing so would cause that issue. No-one here can tell you precisely what / why that is going on but it probably is a direct result of your impatience and the disconnection of your session. You need to find the process that is holding the 'lock' and kill / remove / disconnect it.

Involve your official support provider if you are stumped and you can't find anything that looks like the culprit from the console or Director or from the command line. Worst case, get everyone out and bounce the services.
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

Thanks alot for your replay i will do that.
suneelchallagali
Participant

HI Chulett,

I have installed visual studio 2003 professional edition, then i have installed infosphere 8.1. i have set the apt_complieropt and apt_linkopt to correct value as i have mention in the above. i have created the simple job with transformer. when i tried to complie that job it is taking very time and unable to complie. if i remove the transformer and then try to complie it is giving me an compliation error stating that job cannot be executable it has been monitored. please can you help me out with issue...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Jeez, this is like being Bill Murray in that Groundhog Day movie.
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

ahahha