compile error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suneelchallagali
Participant

compile error

Post by suneelchallagali »

Hi i have created the job
SEQ----->TRANSFORMER------>SEQ
when i compile the job i am getting compilation error stating that cannot get exclusive acesses to executable file for job testing_trans_job(job_name)- job may be monitor.

please can any one help me with this
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

First suggestion - make sure the job is not being monitored by anyone. Have you done that?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
suneelchallagali
Participant

I am alone using this job...so chance of monitoring any one else.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Have you tried using the Web Console as Julio mentions here?
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

yep i have tried it but there are no sessions open in the console
suneelchallagali
Participant

i have install visual studio 2008 for the complication of datastage transformer, do i need to configure with environment complie variable or just the installtion of the visual studio 2008 is enough
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... have you not compiled a job with a Transformer yet? Yes, you need to configure your APT linker and compiler variables properly for that to work but that's not your problem here.
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

please tell me how to configure it in detail. i have seen in documentation they said install visual studio 2003 and
Select Start > IBM Information Server > IBM WebSphere DataStage and QualityStage Administrator, and then log in to the Administrator client.
Select Projects > Properties > Environment.
Select Parallel > Compiler > APT_COMPILEOPT and delete the string -W/Zc:wchar_t- from the end of the existing setting in the Value field.
Select Parallel > Compiler > APT_LINKOPT and delete the string -W/Zc:wchar_t- from the end of the existing setting in the Value field.

but the problem i am unable to down load free version of visual studio. i have down load the visual studio 2008 but i dont know how to configure the environment. is the same as to configure as they mention in documentation for visual studio 2008........
suneelchallagali
Participant

i have install infoserver on windows server 2003 sp2 x64 bit, ii tried to instal vs2008 but it is not supported. please kindly help out with this problem.
suneelchallagali
Participant

kindly any one help me out.....
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Kindly have some patience. You waited what - a little over an hour before you bumped your own post? Never mind the fact that it's New Year's Eve and the edge of a big holiday weekend for most (I would assume) and normal people are probably off doing something fun tonight. Wish I was.

In the meantime, try to help yourself. This has already been discussed ad nauseam here so try searching the forums. People have posted where to freely download the supported compilers for Windows and what the settings should be. The fact that you're running a 64bit O/S may throw you a curve or two but that remains to be seen.

Worst case, you may need to wait until next week for some help from someone who's actually futzed with this on a Windows server. I haven't.
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

thanks for your replay chulett.
suneelchallagali
Participant

I have installed visual studio 2003 and followed the steps as mentioned in the documentation, but still i am not able to complie the job with transformer.

steps i follwed before running the job:
Select Start > IBM Information Server > IBM WebSphere DataStage and QualityStage Administrator, and then log in to the Administrator client.
Select Projects > Properties > Environment.
Select Parallel > Compiler > APT_COMPILEOPT and delete the string -W/Zc:wchar_t- from the end of the existing setting in the Value field.
Select Parallel > Compiler > APT_LINKOPT and delete the string -W/Zc:wchar_t- from the end of the existing setting in the Value field.

i am not able to complie the job.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'd need to provide a wee bit more detail than that for anyone to help. I'm assuming you've moved beyond 'cannot get exclusive access' to some other issue now, yes?
-craig

suneelchallagali
Participant

so you want me to post this issue as new topic but the topic has not been resolved yet.