Data Stage Issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Gopinath
Participant

Data Stage Issue

Post by Gopinath »

Hi,

I am facing one issue in Datastage. I need to create a Seq file containing different date values like start date, end date of a month and couple of more dates.

I have different kind of jobs, generating from Query and writing to a Seq file, getting a row generator as input and writing into a Seq file.

I dont have any issues in these Jobs, but now these jobs are running fine without warning/abort and its giving the number of records getting generated, but when i open the Seq file its giving No rows found.

And few jos got generating output itself and few are generating with Invalid dates/error values.

I havent face this error so far, but not sure why its happening now. Can anybody help me here.

Thanks.
Gopinath
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You can try taking one job at a time and resolve the issues.

Places to check will be
1.) Job monitor for number of rows produced.
2.) Job log for any errors
3.) Job to check the file name and its location
4.) Writing mode - append / overwrite

Find answers for the above and you will have a good starting point.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

'No rows found' generally indicate a metadata issue, define all your fields as strings to see what's in the file. If you need help with the 'few that are generaing with invalid dates/error values' you'd need to provide quite a bit more detail before anyone could help with it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers