Error loading longvarchar to oracle clob

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rcanaran
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error loading longvarchar to oracle clob

Post by rcanaran »

viewtopic.php?t=130465
viewtopic.php?t=112286

I've already looked at the 2 above.

Error message is :
oreLoadTable,0: Array execute failed for insert:
insert is: INSERT
INTO
BAL_RECON
(BAL_RECON_ID, SRC_TYP_CD, SRC_TXT, SUBJ_TYP_CD, SUBJ_SUB_TYP_CD, OBJ_ROOT_ID, REC_STATE_CD, SRC_SYS_TYP_CD)
VALUES
( :BAL_RECON_ID, :SRC_TYP_CD, :SRC_TXT, :SUBJ_TYP_CD, :SUBJ_SUB_TYP_CD, :OBJ_ROOT_ID, :REC_STATE_CD, :SRC_SYS_TYP_CD)
sqlcode is: -1003
esql complaint: ORA-01003: no statement parsed

I am sending an xml message into SRC_TXT. The source XML is in a LongVarchar with a length of 100000000 (100M).

Stage preceding the Oracle Enterprise Stage is a transformer.

SRC_TXT is a CLOB in an Oracle table.

I believe the longest message is currently about 500-600 Kbytes. I have no problem if I change the longvarchar length to about 750K. If I set it to 1 million or above, I get the stated error. I've even tried leaving the longvarchar unbounded, but I still get the error.

The documentation says that Longvarchar is the equivalent of a CLOB and that its max size is 2Gb.

Any ideas on how I can get a larger size message to load? There ARE some messages that are 2GB loading via MQ, but if I have to perfom balance an reconciliation on those, then I will need to load larger messages than 500-600 Kbytes, obviously.
rcanaran
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error loading longvarchar to oracle clob

Post by rcanaran »

Is there an option, perhaps in "advanced connection options" or in the DS server or project that needs to be set/updated for the DS-to-Oracle connection to handle CLOBs correctly ?
rcanaran
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Error loading longvarchar to oracle clob

Post by rcanaran »

According to the IBM support rep, accessing a CLOB via the Oracle EE Stage is NOT supported. :cry:

They suggested I try the ODBC or DRS Stage. I tried the DRS Stage with the DBMS set to "Oracle" and this worked very well. :D

Apparently this is posted in an APAR, but I don't even know wheter or not I have access to the APARs for DataStage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Interesting that it works via the DRS stage set to Oracle, when that allegedly uses the same native drivers that an Oracle stage would use. But hey, working is working. :wink:

Please mark your post as Resolved using the button at the top of the page.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers