To pas path as a parameter from the parameter file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedw
Participant

To pas path as a parameter from the parameter file

Post by datastagedw »

Hi All,

I want to pass some directory paths as parameters to the sequencer job. This runs fine when i run the job manually from dataStage. However when i run the job from the script (which takes parameter file as a parameteri., ./ scriptname paramfilename), it says DSJE_BADParm and points to error in $LD_Library_Path. The same script works fine for other jobs wherein directory path is not passed as parameter. Do we need to escape anything when we pass the path as a parameter from the script

Please help
ETL DEVELOPER
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the exact error message. Your description of it is not clear.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
datastagedw
Participant

Post by datastagedw »

ray.wurlod wrote:Please post the exact error message. Your description of it is not clear. ...
Thanks wurlod. My requirement is to pass a file path as parameter. We are running the jobs from the script in the following syntax:

opt/isproj/Abc/Scripts/ sh script1.sh parameterfile.parm

Here parameterfile.parm is the parameter file containing all the job parameters of the said sequencer. One of the parameter is actually assigned to a directory path e.g pInputFilepath=/opt/isproj/Abc/Input/

When i run the above script with the parameterfile.parm it says DSJE_BADPARM. It says error getting information from $LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

I am able to run other jobs whose parameter file does not have any parameters assigned to a directory path. So i am thinking this is the reason for the above error. Am i not passing the parameters properly when i actually call from the parameter file. Because I am able to run the same job from designer.

Please help
ETL DEVELOPER
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please post the exact error messages. Cut and paste, don't summarize.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I suspect you're not stripping off the line terminator after reading from the parameter file. This will have been converted to a field mark (@FM). Search DSXchange for techniques.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.