Datasets issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

go4it
Participant

Datasets issue

Post by go4it »

Hi,

I have a set of jobs that extracts data and write to a dataset, teh design is as follow

<sourceStage> ------> Copy Stage -----> Dataset Stage

The jobs works fine, but when I tried to run the job again after a couple of weeks later (i.e. today), The job finishes OK with lots of warnings, I checked the Director and found the following warning message as shown below

When checking operator: The modify operator keeps field "ColumnName" which is not present in the output interface.

I check the dataset, "dsrecords" the data is there but when I tried to view the dataset the schema is unavailable. I used Dataset management utility to check the data/schema and the schema is not populated but data is available in the nodes.

Please advice what needs to be done. Appreciate your quick responses.

Regards
C
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So are you saying the that ".ds" descriptor file no longer exists? If so, you can remove the datasets manually and then rebuild everything by running the job again.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
go4it
Participant

Post by go4it »

Chulett,

It is creating *.ds file.

I have tried to remove the files and rerun the job, still I am getting the issue.

Please advice.

Regards
C
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Then you need to address the root cause of the error. Do an exact search for "The modify operator keeps field" and see if any of the matched posts help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is runtime column propagation (RCP) enabled or disabled?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.