Orchadmin - Sequence job does not stop.

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

BugFree
Participant

Orchadmin - Sequence job does not stop.

Post by BugFree »

Hi all,

I built one sequence job having only Execute Command stage. I was using this stage to execute "orchadmin" command and also to execute "dsrecords" command (Manually changing the options).
The sequence ran for both the cases successfuly for many times. However after 7-8 run, the sequence is not stopping if I use Orchadmin command :cry: . However it is working for Dsrecords command.

Note: OS is Windows .

Does the orchadmin.exe get corrupted? Or is there any other pointer to find out the reason and the solution to this?
Ping me if I am wrong...
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Define "not stopping".

What do you see in your logs ?

What happens if you do outside datastage ?
BugFree
Participant

Post by BugFree »

What I mean by not stopping is the sequence remains in Running status and never finishes.
I tried to run orchadmin command using Generic Stage in another job and it executed. But the problem i am getting in the sequence job.

The director log is having only 3 entires.
First line -> Job starting info
Second line -> Env variable info
Third line -> Exec_Orch: Set NLS locale to US-ENGLISH,US-ENGLISH,US-ENGLISH,US-ENGLISH,US-ENGLISH
and here with 3rd line job log is not progressing.

Sai, I confused with your quention "Outside datastage". Are you refferring to any script?
Ping me if I am wrong...
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

By 'outside datastage', I meant command prompt.

If you copy the job and run the 'copyOf', does it run fine for 7-8 times more or does it fall flat the first time itself ?

What orchadmin command are you trying in the executeCommand stage ?
BugFree
Participant

Post by BugFree »

I have not tried in command prompt. As I am new to the windows version I have limited knowledge on it. I used Execute command stage and also used Generic Stage seperatly.

No. No luck with the copy of the job. I tried creating new sequence with Execute command and here in both these cases the Orchadmin command is not working. Luck was with me for very first 7-8 run. And thats it here after it never worked with Execute command stage but it is still working with Generic stage :cry: .
Ping me if I am wrong...