MQ Connector issues

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

varmatheprince
Participant

MQ Connector issues

Post by varmatheprince »

Hi All,
We recently migrated to Datastage V8.1 from 7.5. There is a new requirement to read from MQ and process the XMLs.

I went thru the pre-requisites for using MQ in the documentation. We have the MQ Client installed on Datastage and the MQ Server we we are trying to connect is in the same network as the Datastage.

I am trying to use MQ Connector in "Client" mode to connect. While testing i am getting this error
"[IIS-CONN-WSMQ-000005] System call dlopen() failed with OS error 2 (No such file or directory) (CC_WSMQUtil::resolveMqiMethodPointers()"

In IBM help, it says, Add /usr/mqm/lib64 to the LIBPATH variable.
Question is

1. Are there any other things that we need to add to any config files in Datastage?
2. We created a server connection channel from the MQServer side (on a different machine but in the same network), Is that enough for connection or should we create a client connection channel on the Datastage machine also (not sure if it makes any sense, i am not an MQ expert)
3. Is any change required to MQSERVER variable in Datastage?

Please help.

Regards,
Adduri
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

It seems that it's not finding the Connector info itself (way before trying to locate MQ), so looking at libpath is probably a good direction for your debugging. You of course also need to have the MQ Client software installed, configured and working at your DS server.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
varmatheprince
Participant

Post by varmatheprince »

Hi Ernie,
Thanks for your response. The MQ Client was installed on the Datastage machine.
You said, the client has to be configured.What do you mean by "configured"? The LIBPATH variable has the location of the MQ component. Apart from that, no seperate configuration was done.

What else should i check to make sure?

Thanks again,
Adduri
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

I simply meant to make sure that MQ Client is working just fine on that machine, outside of DataStage....that way, once you get past the datastage libpath issues, you know that MQ will be working ok.

You'll know it's working when you put in a bogus queue name or queue manager and get a variety of 2095 or similar errors in the log....at least then you will know that DS is "talking" to MQ.

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>
varmatheprince
Participant

Post by varmatheprince »

Thank you. I currently opened a ticket with IBM support. They say a patch is required. We are still waiting for them to send the patch.

I will post any further updates.
pjsimon20
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pjsimon20 »

Did you set the PATH to the bin directory?
varmatheprince
Participant

Post by varmatheprince »

Yes, the bin directory ":/opt/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin" is included in the path.