Aggregator issue while converting the server to paralle job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jagadish9
Participant

Aggregator issue while converting the server to paralle job

Post by jagadish9 »

I am working on converting the server job into Parallel job. which is using Aggregator stage in it.

Its running fine with the following warining (APT_CombinedOperatorController(6),1: APT_Decimal::operator=: the source decimal has even precision, but non-zero in the leading nybble, or is too large for the destination decimal.) and i am able to match amount in the end but when i comapre the number of output records after the aggregator stage in the serevr and parallel was different. No records droping in the log.

I implemented the same logic in the tranformer too. I got the same result

can any one help me on this?
and also how to remove the following error
APT_CombinedOperatorController(6),1: APT_Decimal::operator=: the source decimal has even precision, but non-zero in the leading nybble, or is too large for the destination decimal.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Serch here for "nybble" and see if any of the previous conversations on this topic help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Disable operator combination so you can learn exactly which operator (stage) is throwing the error. This may shed some light on what is (or is not) happening.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jagadish9
Participant

Post by jagadish9 »

craig,

I am not able to find the ans in the previous post. can help me on this
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In addition to what Ray said, detail for us exactly what you are doing in the Aggregator. Are you using the 'Preserve Type' option or are you letting it convert things to a Float?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers