Date format - Parallel vs server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Date format - Parallel vs server

Post by Nicole »

have been having issues with a date - I am passing a date to a web service - the WSDL import defined the date field (in DB) as a Timestamp - so I am leaving it this way - For some reason, I am getting error message invalid date/time from web service.

Another job (Server job) successfully called the web service, but first used the function
Oconv(Date(), "D-YMD[4,2,2]") : 'T' : Oconv(Time(), "MTS") : '.000Z'

Can someone help me understand what this function does so that I can do the same but for a parallel job?

I can make some sense of it - I believe it is concatenating zulu time after the date - is it iso format? Help! :(

Thank you in advance,

Nicole
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It is just converting it to an "Internet timestamp", an ISO one with a "T" as the delimiter and a Zulu timezone.

2009-12-11T09:16:26.000Z
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Nicole
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nicole »

That's a start - thank you!

The field being passed to the web service is defined as 20 in length -so I still am confused about what it is expecting. I am not sure why it would even want a timestamp like this since the java web service input object defines the field as just a Date in the java code.

Thanks again for the explanation of the function.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Code: Select all

Convert(" ", "T", TimestampToString(CurrentTimestamp(),"%yyyy-%mm-%dd %hh:%nn:%ss.3") : "Z")
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.