How to find number of actual records deleted from target TBL

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Nagalakshmi.Krishna
Participant

How to find number of actual records deleted from target TBL

Post by Nagalakshmi.Krishna »

Hi,
My requirement is that find the actual number of records is deleted from target table with reference of source data.
If we have 2 stages i.e 2 DB2 stages one is for the data to be deleted and another one where the data to be deleted.In target because of some rules not all the count of data is deleted against number of records selected from source.How to find the the actual count of data is deleted from target.As the link between source DB2 stage and Target DB2 stage shows number of records selected from source, not the actual number of records deleted from target, I want a method how to find actual number of records deleted from Target.I want the solution only from data stage side not from database side i.e taking previous count and count after deletion from target.If any one has idea on this,please help me out.
Thanks,
LK
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As you've noted, all you know is the number of delete requests sent to DB2, not how many rows were actually deleted. You'll need to count before and after to get that number.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers