Help needed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sagar deshmukh
Participant

Help needed

Post by sagar deshmukh »

Hi ,

I have a job which has three stages..
The second stage is not a trasformer stage...all i want to achieve is 3rd stage should be triggered only and only when there is one row coming out of second stage.... is there any function to achieve this?
(I am not using any job control or sequencer...)

Thanks
Sagar
dsx999
Participant

Re: Help needed

Post by dsx999 »

sagar deshmukh wrote:Hi ,

I have a job which has three stages..
The second stage is not a trasformer stage...all i want to achieve is 3rd stage should be triggered only and only when there is one row coming out of second stage.... is there any function to achieve this?
(I am not using any job control or sequencer...)

Thanks
Sagar
There may be...
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

You can do it in that way.
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

how? :roll:
dsx999
Participant

Post by dsx999 »

I have a function or I will write one and give you. But before that tell me how do you want to achieve your objective if I give you that function.

------------------------------------------
If I don't know how to ask a question, then you cannot find anything useful in the thread except "Rolling Eyes and Spinning Heads"...
sagar deshmukh
Participant

Post by sagar deshmukh »

Well..this was being asked by one of my friend...So i was curious to know..how to achieve this...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please inform your "friend" that that is not the way in which DataStage works. All stages (operators in player processes) are started when the job starts. This allows for immediate pipeline parallelism to occur.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.