Deleting files under Scratch folder....

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ragavendradineshdsx
Participant

Deleting files under Scratch folder....

Post by ragavendradineshdsx »

Hi all,

We are running few parallel jobs with SORT, Aggregator & all other basic stages. Recently, we encountered an error saying,
buffer(0),3: APT_BufferOperator: Add block to queue failed. This means that your buffer file systems all ran out of file space, or that some other system error occurred. Please ensure that you have sufficient scratchdisks in either the default or "buffer" pools on all nodes in your configuration file.
which i'm pretty sure that this is because of no disk space in the Server.
But, in order to free the space, i just browsed thru the files inside /Scratch folder and was surprised to see around 100 files inside with the file names like tsortAhdb*

So, my question is that, is it advisable to delete these files from the scratch folder? will it affect on running the jobs?
Thanks & Regards,
Ragavendra Dinesh C
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably have a catastrophic effect on running jobs.

The better solution involves either or both running fewer jobs simultaneously and adding additional file systems to scratch disk.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.