All the Job Activity details in a Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

varaprasad
Premium Member
Premium Member

All the Job Activity details in a Sequence

Post by varaprasad »

I have a sequence which contains some Job Activity components along with some other activities.
Now I want to know if there is a way to display the names of the jobs that are part of the sequence. Basically I want to know if there is any command or SQL to get these details.

Similarly is there any way (command or function or SQL) to know about different stages and links that are used in my job ?

Any information is appreciated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

For the first question, I'd look into the dssearch command. For the second one, the various DSGet functions like DSGetJobInfo, DSGetStageInfo, etc, or their command line dsjob equivalents.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you mean the jobs that are designed into the sequence as Job activities, or do you mean the jobs that are actually executed when the sequence runs (which may be only a subset of the first list, depending on the logic of the sequence)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
varaprasad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by varaprasad »

ray.wurlod wrote:Do you mean the jobs that are designed into the sequence as Job activities, or do you mean the jobs that are actually executed when the sequence runs (which may be only a subset of the first list, depending on the logic of the sequence)?
The jobs that are actually executed when the sequence runs.
dsx999
Participant

Post by dsx999 »

chulett wrote:For the first question, I'd look into the dssearch command. For the second one, the various DSGet functions like DSGetJobInfo, DSGetStageInfo, etc, or their command line dsjob equivalent ...
I couldn't find this command in my system. (my DataStage is 7.5 on Windows) I ran a search even. something has to be explicitly installed ?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Look in the sequence's job log. Near the end is a "summary of sequence run".

You can interrogate this entry with API functions (such as DSGetNewestLogId, DSGetLogEvent) or with dsjob command equivalents.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

dsx999 wrote:
chulett wrote:For the first question, I'd look into the dssearch command. For the second one, the various DSGet functions like DSGetJobInfo, DSGetStageInfo, etc, or their command line dsjob equivalent ...
I couldn't find this command in my system. (my DataStage is 7.5 on Windows) I ran a search even. something has to be explicitly installed ?
No, it is there under both the main client folder and the DSEngine/bin folder on the server.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
varaprasad
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by varaprasad »

Thanks Ray and Craig.