main_program: Internal Error: (0):util/pathutils.C: 403

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sreekanth kutumbaka
Participant

main_program: Internal Error: (0):util/pathutils.C: 403

Post by sreekanth kutumbaka »

Hi all,

We have a Parallel job designed which takes data from a SEQ file & puts into ORACLE table. I used Write option as "LOAD" and "TRUNCATE". but it failed giving me the below error:

main_program: Internal Error: (0):util/pathutils.C: 403: Unable to determine current working directory: Too many open files
Traceback: Could not obtain stack trace; check that 'dbx' and 'sed' are installed and on your PATH

later, i changed the Write option to "Upsert" and "Update then Insert" and now job is working fine. But, my requirement is to first truncate the table & load the fresh data.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,

Dinesh
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

I think TRUNCATE options are not available to your user
Regards
Sreeni
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"Too many open files" is a transient resource issue, you could change it back and be fine now, I'd wager... that or just have waited and run it again.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sreekanth kutumbaka
Participant

Post by sreekanth kutumbaka »

Hi all,

Thanks for your response. I tried with OPTIONS(DIRECT=FALSE,PARALLEL=TRUE) and OPTIONS(DIRECT=FALSE,PARALLEL=FALSE) as well. nothing worked out. I even tried with the Index rebuild/maintainence options, but no luck. I'm still getting the same error.

Any help on this regard is greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Dinesh
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

add the command "ulimit -a" as a before-job shell call, then see what your open files limit is displayed as at runtime.