Oracle call failed; sqlcode = -1,418

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

gssr
Participant

Oracle call failed; sqlcode = -1,418

Post by gssr »

Hi all,
i am running ajob that loads data from dataset to a Oracle database. I am using lookup stage to reject the already excisting records in the table and load all other records to the table
While executing the JOB,i find the following errors and job ends stating ABORTED (But the rows are passed and the link turned green)

1.Oracle_Enterprise_135: Oracle call failed; sqlcode = -1,418; message: ORA-01418: specified index does not exist.
2.Oracle_Enterprise_135: ExecuteImmediate failed for:
alter index RCS.SYS_C0041912 rebuild parallel nologging compute statistics.
3.Oracle_Enterprise_135: Index `RCS.SYS_C0041912' on table `rcs.PRIM_PCK_TRD_PRTY' has NOT been rebuilt.

Can anyone tell me why the job ends as "ABORTED"

Thanks in advance,
RAJ
gssr
Participant

Post by gssr »

I tried changing the INDEX Mode in the property Tab of the target ORACLE stage to 'maintenance' from 'Rebuild',
When i execute it ,
Some new errors are arised ending with the job with status ABORTED (This time no records are passed through the links and it havent changed to Green)
Here are the errors:
1.Oracle_Enterprise_135: The -index maintenance option may only be used on a range-partitioned table; table
`rcs.PRIM_PCD_TRD_PRTY' is not range partitioned.

What else can i change to overcome this error?
Do i have to do anything in the Database side...??

Thanks in advance
RAJ
gssr
Participant

Post by gssr »

HI all,
The problem is solved now,I removed the INDEX MODE option from the properties itself . now the job is running fine without wsrnings and errors

Regards,
R@j :)
RAJ
gssr
Participant

Post by gssr »

Can anyone guide me on the following issues
1.What is the exact nature of the proerty INDEX mode?
2.What to do in the dba side to have this property?
3.Is there any option to resolve this issue other than the above thing?

Thanks in advance,
RAJ
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Go back into the stage and select the Index Type property. Text will appear indicating the available options and what each does for you.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.