Join issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

samsuf2002
Premium Member
Premium Member

Join issue

Post by samsuf2002 »

Hi All,

I am trying to join 2 files based on key1(int) and key2(varchar), its not finding a match when I use both as keys although I can manually see the file and finds a match. if I remove key2 its working on Key1 but key2 is required. I tried trimming both keys in both files but still no match. Both files are generated from oracle table and I have $apt_oracle_preserve_blanks as false. I tried both lookup and join with sort, still not working.

Can any one help me on this..

Thanks in advance
hi sam here
abc123
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by abc123 »

Have you tried testing with a very small number of rows like 1 or 2 on each side and see if they match?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Also try a test running just a 1-node configuration, as joins are commonly erroneous when incorrect partitioning is used.
bart12872
Participant

Post by bart12872 »

1- check that your column have the same format in your 2 inputs
integer must join and integer and a varchar join a varchar

2-check your partitionning and your sorts.
you're are right if the partitionning and the sort are the same of the join key and in the same order

3- Insert copy before your inputs and output data with peek to see what is the real data and transform them if necesary

Martin.