dsexport

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

HemaSathya
Participant

dsexport

Post by HemaSathya »

Hi,

We trying to run the dsexport export command to export jobs from Data Stage which gives dsexport.exe not found error.

Our projcet members do not have local copy of DS installed and we connect to DS though Citrix.

Is there some work around for this ?We have huge number of jobs to be exported ...
Thanks,
Hema
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You are trying to run this from where the client is installed rather than the server, yes? You either need to run it from the directory it lives in, or add that directory to your PATH variable or fully path the command. Command Line 101 stuff, really.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deepak.hsbc
Participant

Post by deepak.hsbc »

Not possible via Citirx,I tired it sometime back...need to have client install on the local machine.
"Books are as useful to a stupid person as a mirror is useful to a Blind person."
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I don't see why not, unless you can't get access to the command line there or can't have someone create a shortcut to it. :?
-craig

HemaSathya
Participant

Post by HemaSathya »

Just got to know from my friend that client and server needs to be on othe same machine to execute this command.

In my case the it's not so. Plus i heard that citrix acts as a a kind of transparent layer preventing such executions ..
Thanks,
Hema
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Your friend is incorrect.
-craig