Not bounded length

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

craviraj
Participant

Not bounded length

Post by craviraj »

Hi,
I am getting the following error when I try to insert a text field. In Database it is defined as 'ntext'. When I import the table definition, I get it as LongNVarChar(3741823). I am not able to insert record(s) because it shows Fatal Error: Not bounded length when I try to insert a record.

Cases when it fails:
1) Hardcode value 'Test Insert' in transformer for this field.
2) Harcode value 'Test Insert' in a parameter (JPM_TEST) and assign the parameter value in the trasnformer to this field.

The job works fine if I hardcode the value in the Database query using the insert command. Any help about this is highly appreciated. My requirement is to pass the value in a parameter so that I can use the same job multiple times.

Thanks,
Raviraj
-----------------------
R-Square
[Ravi Raj]
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What is the SQL datatype for the column and are you using a DataStage "LongVarChar" definition? Have you tried just Varchar() ?
craviraj
Participant

Post by craviraj »

The SQL Datatype is 'ntext' (when I see the definition on SQL Server). Whan I import, I get it as LongNVarchar.

I have tried to use Varchar. The job still aborts.
-----------------------
R-Square
[Ravi Raj]
craviraj
Participant

Post by craviraj »

The SQL Datatype is 'ntext' (when I see the definition on SQL Server). Whan I import, I get it as LongNVarchar.

I have tried to use Varchar. The job still aborts.
-----------------------
R-Square
[Ravi Raj]