Insert error while loading the timestamp data

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Insert error while loading the timestamp data

Post by ray.wurlod »

deesh wrote:Datastage taking as binary( 8 )
What precisely do you mean by this?
What data type is reported when you import the table definition using the orchdbutil facility?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deesh
Participant

Re: Insert error while loading the timestamp data

Post by deesh »

In sequel server datatype is Timestamp, but when i load the in datastage odbc stage its taking binary(8).

my source and target is timestamp

ray.wurlod wrote:
deesh wrote:Datastage taking as binary( 8 )
What precisely do you mean by this?
What data type is reported when you import the table definition using the orchdbutil facility? ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I still don't understand your meaning of "taking". Can you try to express this in different words?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
deesh
Participant

Post by deesh »

here taking means, while loading the fields in odbc, timestamp field instead of timestamp showing the binary datatype.
ray.wurlod wrote:I still don't understand your meaning of "taking". Can you try to express this in different words? ...
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And what happens when you 'correct' the metadata? You are certainly not stuck with whatever it 'takes'.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers