Sequential file read

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequential file read

Post by subrat »

Hello

I hve a fixed with file. lets take below example with data types and size:-

ACC_NO=Bigint(10)
COL1=Char(4)
COL2=Char(5)

Seq file -> Trnasformer -> Target file

I am doing a small validation on ACC_NO in transformer stage. i am checking if the ACC_NO is null or spaces then it will reject these records. But when i am passing such values and trying to read from source sequential file its not visible.

e.g
ABCDWXYZT (initial 10 spaces)

How can i make sure this type of records also come to sequential file and proceed further to transformer stage to validate.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you set a Null Field Value property for each of these fields? For example if you have set ten spaces as the Null Field Value of a Char(10) field, then the import operator will convert this to NULL.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by subrat »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have you set a Null Field Value property for each of these fields? For example if you have set ten spaces as the Null Field Value of a Char(10) field, then the import operator will convert this to NU ...
Thanks Ray, Could you please let me know ehre to set these values in the stage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It's a propery of each field. I believe you need to 'Edit' each row to see it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Double click on the row number in the Columns grid for a column definition that is nullable. Find the Null Field Values in the available properties to add when the Nullable folder is selected.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.