Job aborts after 50 warning messages

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kab123
Participant

Job aborts after 50 warning messages

Post by kab123 »

I have a Job Control Batch which runs 10 jobs sequentially. I set the warning limit to 'No Limit' in director and I also made sure, It is 'no Limit'whil running the Batch job. However while running, the individual job gets 50 limit somehow and aborts after 50 warnings. Can somebody tell me where do you think it is picking up that number from ?
I searched forum before putting this question. I got only one post but that didnt talk about Job Control Batch.
Thanks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Please explain what you mean by a "job control batch". Is this hand code using the DSRunJob() function?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kab123
Participant

Post by kab123 »

Yes.
we didnt force it to 'No Limit' using
DSSetLimitJob and I belive thats why, even we set the limit to 'No Limit' in director, it is not picking that up.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You really shouldn't have to do that and even the help for DSSetJobLimit tells you that. I assume you're actually running the batch job from Director, not the command line using dsjob, right?
-craig

cppwiz
Participant

Post by cppwiz »

Could it be a limit on a link from a parallel transformer stage? Open up your stage and click the link icon. The "Abort After Rows" column on each link should be zero.
kab123
Participant

Post by kab123 »

Yes we are scheduling thru DataStage Director.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Check what you have in your scheduler. For UNIX, it would be 'crontab -l' and after the job name would be something like 0/50/1/0/0 with the second number (50 here) being the warning limit.
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check the default limit in Tools>Options in Director client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.