ERROR: Failed to open project Status code = 80011

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

ERROR: Failed to open project Status code = 80011

Post by bobyon »

I cant believe my situation is so different from all the other posts regarding 80011, but I have spent a good portion of the day reading posts of others that have had similar issues and still not found the resolution I need. (why don't folks posts what fixes their problem instead of just saying "thanks. it works now") :(

when issuing the collowing command

Code: Select all

.../Server/DSEngine/bin-> dsjob -server 172.29.135.131:9080 -user dsadm -password dsadmpswd -run DELTA_LOAD J_EVERGREENbob
I get the following response

ERROR: Failed to open project

Status code = 80011
When I intentionally screw up the id and/or pswd I get :

ERROR: Failed to open project

Status code = -1010 DSJE_DOMAINLOGTOFAILED
so Im fairly certain my trouble is not with the user/pswd. I've also tried the statement with other user/pswd combination...same results

I also verified I have the project name correct. see:

.../Server/DSEngine/bin-> dsjob -lprojects
DataStageProjects
DELTA_LOAD
INITIAL_DATA_LOAD
MDMQS

Status code = 0
What I'm not certain of is the syntax, and the port number. How do I confirm the port?

I'm also not so sure about some posts I read regarding impersonation. Is that even necessary if I am issuing the dsjob command from the DS server?

Please help me resolve this error.

Thanks
Bob
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Are you passing the Password and/or Userid using parameters? If so, try hardcoding them and see if that works.

Sorry, went back a re-read the original message. :oops:
Last edited by sjfearnside on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

And from what I recall, for version 8.x you have to add the "-domain" option to the command line credentials.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

Ok, I could try that. But what gets entered for domain. I thought that was the ip address that I've entered for server. Where do I find what to enter for domain. (please forgive my obvious ignorance)

and yes those are harcoded values........ so far.

this is all in an effort towards being able to put the command in a shell script which will get initiated from the mainframe job which will pass userids and passwords as well as possibly other parms to the script and therefore into dsjob command and eventually to the DS jobs themselves.

Unless there is a better way that is secure with no exposed pswds and SOX compliant. Somebody must have figured this out before. I feel as though I am reinventing a wheel.
Bob
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not sure but you should be able to search here and find it. Someone else discovered this earlier and it has been "retweeted" a couple of times. And they included an example, from what I recall.
-craig

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Check out the use of the -file option as one way to not include credentials on the command line.
-craig

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Try the following:

To run a job on a remote computer called R101 on the WebSphere DataStage 8.1 server that uses port 31360, you must also specify the host computer, the domain, and supply login information:

dsjob -domain mydomain:9080 -server r101:31360 -user billg -password paddock -run myproj myjob

From: IBM Information Server Migrating to IBM Information Server version 8
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

tried the -file option also. Apparently part of my problem is I don't know how to find the "domain" name. And I am not positive about the port numbers.

Maybe it will all be obvious after a good night's rest.
Bob
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You'll need to get the whole domain/port thing working first, then you can hide the user/password bits in that file. :wink:
-craig

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The domain name is the same as the domain name you give when connecting DataStage clients (the topmost field), but you don't need the 9080 port number when using dsjob command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abhishekachrekar
Participant

Post by abhishekachrekar »

Hi Bobyon,

I have used similar command to run the job in DS8.1 from unix command line.

/interface/ascential/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -file /interface4/emacomet/emacomet/cometproject/Common/Scripts/dsjoblogindev CZHS0791:9080 CZHS0791.prg-dc.dhl.com -run -mode NORMAL -jobstatus -param InputFilePath=/interface4/emacomet/emacomet/cometproject/TR/Input -param MigrationType=ONGOING -param CountryID=TR -param CriticalEmailID=abhishek.achrekar@dhl.com,balaji.sandhya@dhl.com -warn 0 em_comet_dev EMASequencerSendFinishMail.TR

But i get the following error message.

Command Syntax:
dsjob [-file <file> <server> | [-server <server>][-user <user>][-password <password>]]
<primary command> [<arguments>]

Valid primary command options are:
-run
-stop
-lprojects
-ljobs
-linvocations
-lstages
-llinks
-projectinfo
-jobinfo
-stageinfo
-linkinfo
-lparams
-paraminfo
-log
-logsum
-logdetail
-lognewest
-jobid
-import

Status code = -9999 DSJE_DSJOB_ERROR

The file /interface4/emacomet/emacomet/cometproject/Common/Scripts/dsjoblogindev contains the following entry
CZHS0791:9080,CZHS0791.prg-dc.dhl.com,DSUSER,DSPASS.

Can you please help me in correcting the syntax?

Thanks and Regards,
Abhishek
bobyon
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bobyon »

First let me say I am working on version 8.0.1 and have never used 8.1 so I don't know if there are any differences between version.

However simply looking at your statement and error message you seem to have left out "-server" though you have provided the server name "CZHS0791:9080".

I am not sure what this is :"CZHS0791.prg-dc.dhl.com"

You have included "-jobstatus" but I don't see that in the list of valid primary commands in the error message.

Hope that helps,
Bob
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"-jobstatus" is fine, it is one of the "wait" options. And both the -domain and -server tags are missing, what you thought was server is the domain and the "not sure" thing is the server name. :wink:
-craig

abhishekachrekar
Participant

Post by abhishekachrekar »

Hi,

Its working now.
I am now using the following syntax.

/interface2/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/bin/dsjob -server :31544 -user DSUSER -password DSPASS -domain czhs0791:9080 -run -mode NORMAL -jobstatus -param InputFilePath=/interface4/emacomet/emacomet/cometproject/TR/Input -param MigrationType=ONGOING -param CountryID=TR -param CriticalEmailID=abhishek.achrekar@dhl.com,balaji.sandhya@dhl.com -warn 0 em_comet_dev EMASequencerSendFinishMail.TR

The problem was in dsenv file. $DSHOME was pointing to DS7.5.2 instead of DS8.1.
After correcting it it now works fine.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Abhishek
Regards,
Abhishek