need a steps to instalation

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dr.murthy
Participant

need a steps to instalation

Post by dr.murthy »

Hi,

could you please any one explain me the steps to install datastage on my pc. i have installed windows 2003 server and sun o.s operating systems on my pc, i just planned to install datastage server components on sun os operating system and client components on my windows machine,

any one explain me the steps to install on my pc.

Thanks in advance.
D.N .MURTHY
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Honestly, you pretty much just put in the disc and choose to install the client from the autorun menu. You'll need your authorization code, of course.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm surprised you can still get version 5.1. It's been withdrawn by the vendor, and you won't get any support for it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Since it was listed as .5.1 I assumed that the 7... fell off somehow.
-craig

dr.murthy
Participant

Post by dr.murthy »

sorry it was 7.5.1, i know how to install client components,but iam having a bit of confusion to install server components on sunos console.
D.N .MURTHY
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: need a steps to instalation

Post by chulett »

I missed the part where you said you've installed both operating systems.
dr.murthy wrote:i have installed windows 2003 server and sun o.s operating systems on my pc, i just planned to install datastage server components on sun os operating system and client components on my windows machine
So, when you asked for 'the steps to install on my pc' that would normally just be the client when you mark your post as UNIX and mention that your server is on Sun. The answer is almost the same for the server side, there's an install.sh script you run. All of this and the prerequisites for each O/S are documented in the Installation & Configuration Guide pdf.

I, for one, don't see how this could ever work if you've setup your PC to dual boot... or are you running some kind of virtualization software? :?
-craig

dr.murthy
Participant

Post by dr.murthy »

no, iam not runninng any kind of virutalization software.let me conform one thing is it possible to install server components in sun o.s then client components in windows and configure both on my home made pc.
any one could clarify me.
D.N .MURTHY
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Sure you can do it, but seeing as how you have to boot to one or the other O/S at any given time, it doesn't make a lot of sense does it?
-craig

dsxuserrio
Participant

Post by dsxuserrio »

Murthy
You can do one of two things.
1. Use Windows 2003 for client. Install VMWare and on the virtual machine install SUN OS and use this as server.

2. Install client and server on Windows 2003.(If it is for single user like practicing or testing the tool).
dsxuserrio

Kannan.N
Bangalore,INDIA