Transformer Compiling problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsxuserrio
Participant

Transformer Compiling problem

Post by dsxuserrio »

Hello
We installed IBM Websphere Datastage 8.1 and ran into transformer compilation problem. All prerequisite software have been installed including VC++ Express 2008, Windows Platform SDK for 2003. Still we are experiencing transformer compilation problem. Pointing to bad compiler configuration.

We had the same issue earlier .We tried the APT_COMPILER and LINKER options, Windows and dsenv settings etc and nothing solved the issues. Then we had to uninstall IBM Information server,Platform SDK,VC++ and reinstall the same again, which eventually solved the problem.

Two questions. 1. Can we correct this problem without actually having to reinstall IBM Information server. (It takes really long)? 2. I would like to know and document if all my prerequisites are correct before attempting to do another installation. Because, in my opinion, all the prerequisites were satisfied before we started the IBM Information Server installation. Thanks for the help in advance.

(Env: IBM Information Server 8.1, Windows 2003 SP2, SQL Server 2005 Enterprise as Metadata Repository)
Last edited by dsxuserrio on Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
dsxuserrio

Kannan.N
Bangalore,INDIA
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

While I don't have a Windows 8.1 installation, it might speed things up if you could post your DSParams values for the compiler switches to this thread, that way anyone with the same software version can compare to see if the error might lie there.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you certain that the "VC++ Express 2008" compiler is supported? I didn't think any of the "express" flavors were for some reason.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
dsxuserrio
Participant

Post by dsxuserrio »

Here are the Env variables.

APT_COMPILEOPT : -W/TP -W/EHa -DAPT_USE_ANSI_IOSTREAMS -c -W/Zc:wchar_t-
APT_COMPILER : cxx
APT_LINKER : cxx
APT_LINKOPT : -s -W/dll -W/base:0x50000000 -W/Zc:wchar_t-

I also removed -W/Zc:wchar_t- from APT_COMPILEOPT and APT_LINKOPT and restarted datastage services.

Previously it worked with VC++ 2008 Express Edition. We had to redo the IBM Information Server install because we wanted to change xmeta from DB2 to SQL Server.

Thanks for your replies.
dsxuserrio

Kannan.N
Bangalore,INDIA
U
Participant

Post by U »

Can you please advise where you got uuid.lib? I can not find it anywhere on my Windows 2003 server.

Thank you for your time.