Is it possible to create DB2 temporary tables in DB2 stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

zulfi123786
Premium Member
Premium Member

Is it possible to create DB2 temporary tables in DB2 stage

Post by zulfi123786 »

Hi,

I am using DB2 Enterprise Stage and want to create temporary tables and load them with some data before my actual query runs, i tried it using the Open command but no luck..... Can any one help???

and also if a job contains more than one DB2 stage, i guess a seperate session is created for each DB2 stage, is it possible to create only one session for a job and force all Stages to use the same session so that the temporary tables are accessed by all stages???
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Can't help with the first (no DB2 anywhere I've been) but the answer to the second question is a definite 'no' regardless of DBMS.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Your diagnosis "with no luck" is not helpful. What actual command did you issue, did you also issue GRANT commands, and what error message (if any) was returned from the Open command?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.