Complexfile warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Complexfile warning

Post by subrat »

Hi

I am using a complexfile to read ebcdic data and passing it to the sequencial file by converting ASCII in transformer stage.

Complexfile---> Transformer--->Sequencial file

When i am runng the job all columns are passing through (converted to ASCII). but having a warning (below) in source.

EbcdicDetail_SrcCFF,0: Field "ACCOUNT_NO" has import error and no default value; data: {c4 c4 f2 f0 f0 f9 ` f1}, at offset: 0

Complex file: Field format is Decimal 14 [S9(14) COMP3]
Target file: field format is Deciamal 14.
(Nullable is "NO" in both source and target for this field)

Any suggestion?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Is "ACCOUNT_NO" the first column in the file? The data shown, {c4 c4 f2 f0 f0 f9 ` f1}, is EBCDIC for "DD2009" for the first 6 characters and that does not equate to what a COMP-3 numeric should look like. The "2009" could be part of a PIC x or PIC 9 date field, though.
subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by subrat »

ArndW wrote:Is "ACCOUNT_NO" the first column in the file? The data shown, {c4 c4 f2 f0 f0 f9 ` f1}, is EBCDIC for "DD2009" for the first 6 characters and that does not equate to what a COMP-3 numeric should look like. The "2009" could be part of a PIC x or PIC 9 date field, though.
Yes, Its the first column. But i wanna take the record from second record onward, as the DD2009 is present in first record and i dont want to take that.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

If the first line is DD2009 and you wish to ignore it, then skip the first line. The CFF stage doesn't directly let you skip n-lines, but just use the "Filter" option with "tail -n +2"
subrat
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by subrat »

ArndW wrote:If the first line is DD2009 and you wish to ignore it, then skip the first line. The CFF stage doesn't directly let you skip n-lines, but just use the "Filter" option with "tail -n +2" ...
N means number of records? No idea of number of records.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

use the man pages for "tail"; the command I sent skips the first line.
Kryt0n
Participant

Post by Kryt0n »

Declare it as multiple record types (DD and nonDD), you can then specify different column definitions and on your output only take the nonDD rows