Getting rid of an invisible project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

ghila wrote: The PMR was 88246,999,706 but was originally opened because of the abnormal amount of time taken to delete a project.
The support sent us a procedure ( and the script ) to manually delete a project as well as a procedure to delete a job ( using same script ).
Ghila, how long do you defined 'abnormal amount of time'? It took maybe 15-30 seconds to create a DS7.5 project, but it can take 3-5 minutes to create a DS8 project. We have not done any project deletes (that I know of), so I am not sure how long those would take.

So do you use this wrapper script to delete your projects and jobs now? Or only when problems arise?

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ghila »

bcarlson wrote:
ghila wrote: The PMR was 88246,999,706 but was originally opened because of the abnormal amount of time taken to delete a project.
The support sent us a procedure ( and the script ) to manually delete a project as well as a procedure to delete a job ( using same script ).
Ghila, how long do you defined 'abnormal amount of time'? It took maybe 15-30 seconds to create a DS7.5 project, but it can take 3-5 minutes to create a DS8 project. We have not done any project deletes (that I know of), so I am not sure how long those would take.

So do you use this wrapper script to delete your projects and jobs now? Or only when problems arise?

Brad.

Brad,

Sorry if 'abnormal amount of time" is not very precise ;-) For now, on our configuration ( AIX 6.1 2 CPU PSeries Power 6 ) with 8.1 it took around 20 minutes to delete a 1500 jobs project.
The script did not solved any performance issues. We needed it cause during testing some of our project became "partially deleted".

We did not applied yet the Critical Patch for 8.1 ( released oct 1st ) that seems to solved some performance issues.
Regards,

Daniel
ghila
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ghila »

bcarlson wrote:

Brad.

Brad,

Sorry if 'abnormal amount of time" is not very precise ;-) For now, on our configuration ( AIX 6.1 2 CPU PSeries Power 6 ) with 8.1 it took around 20 minutes to delete a 1500 jobs project.
The script did not solved any performance issues. We needed it cause during testing some of our project became "partially deleted".

We did not applied yet the Critical Patch for 8.1 ( released oct 1st ) that seems to solved some performance issues.
Regards,

Daniel