Validation Error for Integer Datatype

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is this repeatable?

There's no apparent pattern - most, but not all, of the values end in "8" or "9".

Are you sure there are no non-printing characters involved?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mrajesh99
Participant

Post by mrajesh99 »

hi Ray,
Thanks for the reply. There are no printing Characters. i am wondering if the leading Zero's or leading byte character is the issue.

And a small Update on my piece of work. I ran the job with 300 Records
" 000100" to " 000299"

Interestingly it doesn't like the ones with 8 or 9 in any part of the string.

it drops all records with 8 and 9 in them.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Almost an IsValid("octal", TheNumber) test? Weird. What precise version of DataStage? I will try to reproduce this on version 8.1 sometime soon.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mrajesh99
Participant

Post by mrajesh99 »

I have found out the issue. it works once i trim leading Zeros and space.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Leading zeroes should not invalidate an integer test. One leading space (sign) ought not to do so either, in my opinion.
mrajesh99
Participant

Post by mrajesh99 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Almost an IsValid("octal", TheNumber) test? Weird. What precise version of DataStage? I will try to reproduce this on version 8.1 sometime soon. ...
Hi Ray,
I am using Datastage 8.1. I didnt understand why it had problem with just those values. it worked fine once i trim off the leading space and zeros.
Thanks for your help.