CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsedi
Participant

CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a

Post by dsedi »

Hi All

We have two different versions of server on Linus box 8.1.0 and 8.1.1.
We were facing issues witth saving a job on 8.1.1. as it was throwing error Unable to save EditServ.impl.JobDefnImpl@7d267d26

I then installed patch JR32186 and was able to save jobs in server 8.1.1

But when I tried to connect to server 8.1.0, I was unable to save the jobs there and started getting error

------------------------
unable to save EditServ.impl.JobDefnImpl@5ae25ae2
com.ibm.datastage.exception.DSException: Unable to save EditServ.impl.JobDefnImpl@5ae25ae2
at com.ibm.datastage.repository.DSRepository.putEObjectCR(DSRepository.java:470)
at com.ascential.dstage.proxies.NewRepos.putEObjectCR2(NewRepos.java:2722)
at com.ascential.dstage.proxies.NewRepos.putEObjectCR2(NewRepos.java:2715)
at com.ascential.dstage.proxies.NewRepos.putEObjectCR(NewRepos.java:2705)
Caused by:
com.ascential.xmeta.exception.ServiceException: CORBA MARSHAL 0x4942f89a No; nested exception is:
org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL:

Trace from server: 1198777258 at host ebspdev53c.ais.msu.edu >>
org.omg.CORBA.MARSHAL: Unable to read value from underlying bridge : Custom marshaling (4) Sender's class does not match local class vmcid: IBM minor code: 89A completed: No
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.CDRInputStream.read_value(CDRInputStream.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ascential.xmeta.shared.repository.core._EJSRemoteStatefulSandboxRemoteStatefulService_4baa4bb1_Tie.executeOperation(_EJSRemoteStatefulSandboxRemoteStatefulService_4baa4bb1_Tie.java:1313)
at com.ascential.xmeta.shared.repository.core._EJSRemoteStatefulSandboxRemoteStatefulService_4baa4bb1_Tie._invoke(_EJSRemoteStatefulSandboxRemoteStatefulService_4baa4bb1_Tie.java:151)
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ServerDelegate.dispatchInvokeHandler(ServerDelegate.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ServerDelegate.dispatch(ServerDelegate.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.CORBA.iiop.ORB.process(ORB.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.respondTo(Connection.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.Connection.doWork(Connection.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.rmi.iiop.WorkUnitImpl.doWork(WorkUnitImpl.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ejs.oa.pool.PooledThread.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java(Compiled Code))
<< END server: 1198777258 at host
---------------------

I would appreciate your inputs on this.

Thanks
prasad111
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasad111 »

You have to use 8.1.0 client to connect 8.1.0 server and 8.1.1 client to connect 8.1.1. server