Source has data but not populating in Oracle

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vinnz
Participant

Re: Source has data but not populating in Oracle

Post by vinnz »

Any warnings logged?
Are there any constraints on that column in Oracle?
What are the actual values you are trying to load - does it have any special characters or encoding ?
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I bet your PX job has the datatype "VarChar" for this column. Declare the type as numeric in your job and perform an explicit conversion in PX.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Are you using an Oracle Enterprise stage? Are you capturing the rejected rows using a reject link? If so, push these rows into some structure (maybe a text file) that you can review with a hex editor.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Akumar1 wrote:I have an urgent issue.
DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can. We don't do "urgent".

If you need urgent answers, sign up with your official support provider for premium service. Learn the true cost of "urgent".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Akumar1
Participant

Post by Akumar1 »

ray.wurlod wrote:
Akumar1 wrote:I have an urgent issue.
DSXchange is an all-volunteer site whose members post as and when they can. We don't do "urgent".

If you need urgent answers, sign up with your official support provider for premium service. Learn the true cost of "urgent".

Point taken..
om.ranjan
Participant

Post by om.ranjan »

ray.wurlod wrote:Are you using an Oracle Enterprise stage? Are you capturing the rejected rows using a reject link? If so, push these rows into some structure (maybe a text file) that you can review with a hex edito ...

Yes, Oracle Enterprise stage, I do have reject link in transformer not in Oracle Enterprise stage as I have used Load and Append mode.

when I changed the data type from decimal(11,3) to varchar (11,3) I'm able to insert the records :?: but this not a solution...

please suggest

Thanks,
RANJAN
om.ranjan
Participant

Post by om.ranjan »

ArndW wrote:I bet your PX job has the datatype "VarChar" for this column. Declare the type as numeric in your job and perform an explicit conversion in PX. ...
It is decimal (11,3) NULLABLE
RANJAN
om.ranjan
Participant

Post by om.ranjan »

om.ranjan wrote:
ArndW wrote:I bet your PX job has the datatype "VarChar" for this column. Declare the type as numeric in your job and perform an explicit conversion in PX. ...
It is decimal (11,3) NULLABLE

Hi All,

Any update on this issue will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rnajna
RANJAN
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

I hope you are using oracle load method . can you try with upsert oprion if possible and let us knw the result ?
Nag
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

Do you have a reject link?
Mamu Kim
nagarjuna
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by nagarjuna »

Hi Kim ,

I think they have mentioned "load" as an option . I believe there is no reject for it .
Nag
om.ranjan
Participant

Post by om.ranjan »

nagarjuna wrote:Hi Kim ,

I think they have mentioned "load" as an option . I believe there is no reject for it .
Hi Kim,

Nag is correct, there is no reject link.

Thanks,
Ranjan
RANJAN