connect to meesage queue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

changming
Participant

connect to meesage queue

Post by changming »

hi all
I need to connect message queue to retrieve data. After I set up queue manager name and queue name. then run the job. I had below error in the log
Fatal Error: Fatal: Failed to connect to queue manager. Reason code 2058.
I think I need to do more configuration on the message queue but I have no ideal at all on how to do it. Any one can give a hint?
Thanks in advance.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In version 7 DataStage the MQ server needs to be co-resident with (on the same machine as) the DataStage server. Does your configuration satisfy this requirement?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
changming
Participant

on the same server

Post by changming »

ray.wurlod wrote:In version 7 DataStage the MQ server needs to be co-resident with (on the same machine as) the DataStage server. Does your configuration satisfy this requirement? ...
I know it must be on the same server and I was told like such as well.
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

The returned error code 2058 means the user doesn't have the proper access permission.
changming
Participant

suddenly it starts working

Post by changming »

ray.wurlod wrote:In version 7 DataStage the MQ server needs to be co-resident with (on the same machine as) the DataStage server. Does your configuration satisfy this requirement? ...
thanks for your prompt reply.