Unable to use ORCHDBUTIL

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hiral.chauhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to use ORCHDBUTIL

Post by hiral.chauhan »

Hello !!

Alright, I'm trying to import table definitions using orchdbutil (Import - Orchestrate Schema Definitions ).

I have entered the following details in the import Orchestrate Schema dialog box:

Table name
For Owner is grayed out
DBMS type
Database name
Database server:
Username
password
Charset/Map
Use own DB options is checked

When I hit 'Next', it says Cannot get schema definition for requested database table: "Table_name" (DB2)

When I view output from server command, I get the following message which seems to be the most 'useful' of all:

DB2Driver Embedded SQL message: SQL30082N Security processing failed with reason "3" ("PASSWORD MISSING").

Now, I know I have provided the password in the password field. I also tried unchecking the 'Use own DB options' to manually type in the password and it still gives me the same error.

Has anybody come across such an error message before?

Thanks,
Hiral
Thanks,
Hiral Chauhan
lstsaur
Participant

Post by lstsaur »

So, are you able to import the DB2 table definition using ODBC or Plug-in Meta Data?
hiral.chauhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hiral.chauhan »

For some reason, since this morning, I'm not able to import DB2 table definition using ODBC for a particular table. I was advised to used Plug-in meta data or Orchdbutil as a work around.

Plug-in Metadata works just fine. But Orchdbutil does not work.

I was hoping that there would be a way to find out why this utility won't work.
Thanks,
Hiral Chauhan
kittu.raja
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kittu.raja »

[quote="hiral.chauhan"]For some reason, since this morning, I'm not able to import DB2 table definition using ODBC for a particular table. I was advised to used Plug-in meta data or Orchdbutil as a work around.

Can you tell us how did you use orchdsutil. I have table by name employee in dev server and user name as dsadm and passowrd as dsadm. Can you tell me the syntax.

Thanks,
Rajesh Kumar
hiral.chauhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hiral.chauhan »

I'm not sure what you mean by syntax. In Datastage, I use Import - Table Definitions - Orchestrate Schema Definitions and fill in the dialog box with the appropriate values for:

-Table name
-(For Owner is grayed out)
-DBMS type
-Database name
-Database server
-Username
-password
-Charset/Map
-Use own DB options is checked
Thanks,
Hiral Chauhan
hiral.chauhan
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by hiral.chauhan »

Ok. This was my mistake. I chose DBMS Type as DB2 and it was not working. I changed the DBMS type to ODBC and the orchdbutil lets me import table defs from the Database I connect to.

Sorry, I guess I did not provide all the information from my side.

Thanks,
Hiral
Thanks,
Hiral Chauhan