Datastage Px job Process id getting failed automatically

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shreya27
Participant

Datastage Px job Process id getting failed automatically

Post by shreya27 »

Hi Friends,

I am facing a peculiar problem while running a datastage job.The job loads data from sequential file to Oracle db and there is reject link after the oracle stage.The volume of data is 1.8 million.Its just 1-1 job.The norma; elapsed time for this job is 45 min.When I try to run this job,it goes fine until sometime after that data also gets loaded to some extent then automatically in director log we will see Process id failed for this job. And we cannot view this job in director any more but I can view the job in designer and director.This problem occurs frequently for only this job.After that I re import the job from Pre-prod to Prod then it works fine.can anybody provide some solution for this?

Many thanks in advance,
Barath
Participant

Re: Datastage Px job Process id getting failed automatically

Post by Barath »

Hi,
I think so , when you r using reject link to oracle stage the sql code column automatically will genarate. so that you need drop that sql code column by using modify stage. then it works fine.

I think so it will help you .
Let me know once you try this.
Cheers..................!!!!
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

What method are you using in your Oracle stage - upsert or load? Does the job fail at the same place each time?
Also, you write
And we cannot view this job in director any more
then write
but I can view the job in designer and director
so I am unclear as to what you mean.
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Are there loads of warning logs ?
shreya27
Participant

Post by shreya27 »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Are there loads of warning logs ?

Yes.There are huge amount of warning logs....
shreya27
Participant

Post by shreya27 »

ArndW wrote:What method are you using in your Oracle stage - upsert or load? Does the job fail at the same place each time?
Also, you write
then write
Load type is just Insert and no update.....
shreya27
Participant

Post by shreya27 »

shreya27 wrote:
ArndW wrote:What method are you using in your Oracle stage - upsert or load? Does the job fail at the same place each time?
Also, you write
then write
Load type is just Insert and no update.....
I will be able to see the job design in designer as well as manager ..but I cannot see the job in Director
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Let us just do one issue at a time. What sort of warnings are you seeing? Please cut-and-paste a sample to the thread.
shreya27
Participant

Post by shreya27 »

ArndW wrote:Let us just do one issue at a time. What sort of warnings are you seeing? Please cut-and-paste a sample to the thread. ...
Warnings are due to datatype conversions...One more thing..there will be so many warnings that most of the times when I try to open the log for this job...datastage server will get hanged and will never open the logs...
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Try to resolve your warnings first.

Do you get any rows in your target table ?

Ask your DBA to monitor the load and check for any hanging or defunct process in Oracle (especially if they are still running).
shreya27
Participant

Post by shreya27 »

Sainath.Srinivasan wrote:Try to resolve your warnings first.

Do you get any rows in your target table ?

Ask your DBA to monitor the load and check for any hanging or defunct process in Oracle (especially if they are sti ...
Target table is loaded with 1.2 million records out of 1.8 million.....other records get rejected because of upsert failure...
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Full log files can have impact on job runs, as Sainath has already mentioned, get rid of your warnings. If that isn't possible, at least use the message handler to not write those warnings to the log file and thus speed up performance and allow you to view the log from the director.