Merge stage question

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aakashmalu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Merge stage question

Post by aakashmalu »

Hi,

I wrote a parallel job which extracts data from different tables in oracle and writes them in to different datasets. In the next job i am merging all these datasets with the master dataset and the key is acct_id in all the datasets, but i have one dataset whose key is ACCT_ID in upper case. When i ran this job it is giving me the desired results. Now my question is does datasets with key column in different cases join correctly, in my case it seems to work, can anybody explain this why this is working because in the manual it says key column with different case doesn't work .

Thanks in advance
AM
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I would assume they mean the case of the key column data, not of the column names.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
aakashmalu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aakashmalu »

chulett wrote:I would assume they mean the case of the key column data, not of the column names. ...
Craig,

It is column names not the column data.

Thanks
AM
aakashmalu
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by aakashmalu »

Craig,

I think i misinterpreted CASE SENSITIVE option in the Manual.
So you mean to say this about column data not column name(Key) right?

Thanks for your help....
AM
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, correct, as noted the data. It could care less about the case of the column names, but you have the option to make it care about the case of the key column join data itself.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers