This item has no design time information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

I am trying to open jobs in my project but getting the error
"This item has no design time information".
I tried searching for this topic but could not get anything useful. Could you help me resolve this issue links related to this topic will also do.Thanks in advance.
Tejas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I guess it depends on what you consider 'useful'. You should at least have found out what it means and how you typically get there - it can either be a purposeful thing because you've only promoted released jobs or just the executables. If they were 'fine' before and suddenly started giving you this message, it means your project has become corrupted in some fashion.

Clarify something - you said "my jobs" plural. Does this mean it is happening to many (or all) jobs rather than just one in particular? Have you had any 'issues' where DataStage is installed that you are aware of?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

chulett wrote:I guess it depends on what you consider 'useful'. You should at least have found out what it means and how you typically get there - it can either be a purposeful thing because you've only promoted released jobs or just the executables. If they were 'fine' before and suddenly started giving you this message, it means your project has become corrupted in some fashion.

Clarify something - you said "my jobs" plural. Does this mean it is happening to many (or all) jobs rather than just one in particular? Have you had any 'issues' where DataStage is installed that you are aware of?
Thanks Chulett.The scenario is we have got dsx files from vendor.We created DataStage environment at our location and imported those dsx files in out DataStage project.And when we try to open the job it is throwing above error.The problem exists with our importing method or with the dsx files given by vendor ?
This problem is with all the jobs of the project.It is there since we imported the project.I am not aware of Datastage installation issues.
Tejas
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It is possible for the jobs to only contain executables and no design-time information. You can edit the .dsx files to check.
Last edited by ArndW on Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Assuming you imported everything from the dsx file they sent you, it sounds like all they sent you was executables without any 'source' or design time information. Whether that was on purpose or an accidental thing, you'd have to ask them. And you can confirm that by either looking at the dsx file with your editor of choice or by starting a 'Selective' import from the dsx. It will load everything into memory and then stop and show you what all is in there... you can hit Cancel after you have the information you need.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

Or you can open the dsx in any editor to check whether there are ascii characters or lots of funny faces.
tehavele
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by tehavele »

Thank you guys for all the answers.I checked the Manager.I tried exporting one of jobs when i clicked on Job designs it said
"Unable to return an attached job."
So design time information is in the exported jobs.
Thanks once again for your responses. :)
Tejas