dsenv is not pointing properly

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rameshDHL
Premium Member
Premium Member

dsenv is not pointing properly

Post by rameshDHL »

Hi ,

We have installed Information Server 8.1.I have configured the dsenv properly for ORACLE settings.

But when I run the job ,the job is not the taking the ORACLE SETTINGS which i have entered in the dsenv file .Rest of the entries it takes .
Due to this i am getting error "unable to intialize plugin"

I have searched all the postings and iam sure the oracle entries are right,only thing the entered values are not reflecting when i run the job .

OS is Solaris 10

Pleas help me
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Have you restarted DataStage since making those changes? They won't take effect until you do so.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If you still need help after that, post your dsenv.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rameshDHL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshDHL »

Thanks for your replies .

ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/app/oracle/product/10204S64DB1_PAR;export ORACLE_HOME

PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH;export PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9/server:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc_64:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/bin:$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/PXEngine/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

FYI we have installed Information server in another server with the same dsenv setting but works fine

Only other server its giving a problem.I have restarted the server many times
I developed a oracle job even though it gives me an error ,but afer the job got aborted i checked the environmental setting in the job log.The oracle settings is not refelected
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Make sure that LD_LIBRARY_PATH= line is one continuous line, sometimes copy/paste will insert hard returns. One way you can check is with :set list in vi and see where the $ EOL markers are.
-craig

rameshDHL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshDHL »

Hi ,

$
^IORACLE_HOME=/oracle/app/oracle/product/10204S64DB1_PAR;export ORACLE_HOME$
$
PATH=$ORACLE_HOME/bin:$PATH;export PATH$
^I$
^I#LANG="<langdef>";export LANG$
^I#LC_ALL="<langdef>";export LC_ALL$
^I#LC_CTYPE="<langdef>";export LC_CTYPE$
^I#LC_COLLATE="<langdef>";export LC_COLLATE$
^I#LC_MONETARY="<langdef>";export LC_MONETARY$
^I#LC_NUMERIC="<langdef>";export LC_NUMERIC$
^I#LC_TIME="<langdef>";export LC_TIME$
^I#LC_MESSAGES="<langdef>"; export LC_MESSAGES$
^I$
^ILD_LIBRARY_PATH=$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9/server:$ASBHOME/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9:$ASBHOME/lib/cpp:$ASBHOME/apps/proxy/cpp
/sunos-all-sparc_64:`dirname $DSHOME`/branded_odbc/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/DSComponents/bin:
$DSHOME/lib:$DSHOME/uvdlls:$ORACLE_HOME/lib32:$ORACLE_HOME/lib:`dirname $DSHOME`/PXEngine/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH$
^Iexport LD_LIBRARY_PATH$
$
$
:set list

Thats the output i got
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, that looks fine, return-wise. Can you post the LD_LIBRARY_PATH value from the log entry that lists them all? Just that one line, not the whole darn thing.
-craig

rameshDHL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshDHL »

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/Project/RT_BP7.O:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/lib:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSComponents/bin:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSParallel:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/user_lib:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/Server/PXEngine/lib:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/Project/buildop:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/uvdlls:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/Server/DSEngine/lib:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/lib/cpp:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/jre/lib/sparcv9/server:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc_64:/local/apps/DRS_dstage/prod/infosphere81/IBM/InformationServer/ASBNode/apps/proxy/cpp/sunos-all-sparc:/usr/lib:/usr/css/lib:/lib
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You are missing much more than simply the ORACLE_HOME and what little is there is in a different order. Seems like something else is overriding that LD_LIBARY_PATH setting. :?
-craig

rameshDHL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshDHL »

Can you please help me gurus?

I am confused
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What, now you're not being helped? :?

Check the running user's .profile and see if that is the culprit.
-craig

rameshDHL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by rameshDHL »

Hi Gurus ,

you are helping me lot ,there is no doubt in that .
Thanks for helping me

In other where datastage works fine i could see the below in job logs

Environment variable settings:

_=./uv
APT_COMPILEOPT=-dalign -O -PIC -library=iostream -c -xarch=v9
APT_COMPILER=/opt/SUNWspro/bin/CC

but thats not shown in the job of the failing datastage server

any idea of the symbol _=./uv
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

$_ is a standard shell variable - the command you are executing at the command prompt.

It's in a family with others such as $$ (current process ID) and $? (exit status of prior command).

Read the man page on sh or any reasonably UNIX beginner's book.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

But that really isn't involved with your problem. Still seems to me you need to find where your 'shared library' path environment variable is getting reset.
-craig