Need to remove a bad project

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need to remove a bad project

Post by bcarlson »

We ran into an issue in our UAT environment and were not able to create projects. Turns out the DB2 repository ran out of space. That was resolved. However, the project that was being created when it failed is still out there.... sort of.

If I look at the Projects directory, there was a directory with the project name, but it was completely empty. That has been removed. But when I try to recreate the project, I get the following error:
ERROR: DSR.ADMIN: A schema called 'pcm_lwd_eiw' already exists. This must be dropped before the project can be created.

Status code = -131 DSJE_INVALIDPROJECTLOCATION
FYI - I am using dsadmin at the command line to create the project.

My assumption is that there is still something in the repository, right? How do we get rid of what we cannot see? This project does not show up in Administrator, nor can I see it with dsjob -lprojects.

Any suggestions?

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You probably need to delete the entry for the project from UV.ACCOUNT, repair the UniVerse system tables using VERIFY.SQL, and remove the entry for the project from the relevant table in the XMETA repository (the table with PROJECT in its name).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sinhasaurabh014
Participant

Post by sinhasaurabh014 »

bcarlson wrote:We ran into an issue in our UAT environment and were not able to create projects. Turns out the DB2 repository ran out of space. That was resolved.
Hi, I am also facing the same issue now in UAT. Can you please point out how did you resolve the space issue problem in DB2 XMETA. My XMETA has reached 95% its size and DS has stopped responding.
In my case, the jobs run after every half hour and I am thinking it must be due to the huge log amount. I have set up the auto purge setting in the administrator but not sure if it would apply to existing jobs or not!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That is NOT the same issue. The issue of this thread is how to delete a project.

Please start a separate thread (if you have not done so already).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sinhasaurabh014
Participant

Post by sinhasaurabh014 »

ahh Sorry about that...I was stealing the topic...