Master Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Master Sequence

Post by Raftsman »

I have a Master sequence that calls other child sequences. I have restart ability set on the child sequences. The Master is schedule nightly. Is there a way (without manual interation) so that the Master runs from the start even if the child sequences abort the night before. I want to control the sequence from the Master. In the same token, I need to keep the child sequences with restart-ability. Just in case we decide to continue the run before the next scheduled run.

Thanks
Jim Stewart
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't add checkpoints to the Master Sequence.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Raftsman
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Raftsman »

And if I want to start a child from where it left off, is there a way to run it from the Master (once the checkpoint is turned off).
Jim Stewart
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That will happen automatically as long as the child sequence has checkpoints. They are completely separate processes each with (or without) their own checkpoints, it's not like it's an "all or nothing" affair. Your trouble spot will be if a check-pointed child sequence aborts and you want it to start from the beginning, that will require manual intervention to reset that child.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers