Oracle SQL LOADER not working for direct path

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sidharthasaha
Participant

Oracle SQL LOADER not working for direct path

Post by sidharthasaha »

The Oracle SQL Enterprise stage with LOAD option is working fine if I use the conventional PATH. But the same job is not working if I use the direct path. In the log file it is saying 'table or view does not exist'. In my case the ETL server and the Database server is different. Is than an issue? Please help.
sidharthasaha
Participant

Post by sidharthasaha »

I have tried the options you have mentioned here. There is not any index present in the table. Also I have tried with DIRECT= TRUE, PARALLEL=FALSE option.
sidharthasaha
Participant

Post by sidharthasaha »

Is it because we are uysing a lower version of Oracle. The datastage version is 7.5.1 and the oracle version is 8i.
Maxhouston
Participant

Post by Maxhouston »

sidharthasaha wrote:Is it because we are uysing a lower version of Oracle. The datastage version is 7.5.1 and the oracle version is 8i.
You have to point your attention on Oracle client versions.
If your ETL Oracle client version is higher than your DATA Oracle Client version then you CAN'T load data in Direct path, cause Oracle itself does not allow it. So, you have to load data in conventional path setting the datastage environment variable (APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS) as keshav0307 suggested, that is, at least, OPTIONS(DIRECT=FALSE).

Hope to be helpful even if a bit late ^_^.
ds_teg
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ds_teg »

Hi Keshav ,

Thanks for detailed explaination .You have mentioned
"
If APT_ORACLE_LOAD_OPTIONS is used to set PARALLEL to FALSE,
then you must set the execution mode of the stage to run sequentially on
the Advanced tab of the Stage page "
Could anybody help me in clarifying the below question
If execution mode is not changed into sequential and if i mention PARALLEL = FALSE then still it will load in sequential ?

Thanks all