problems in reading an ebcdic file thorugh sequential stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

problems in reading an ebcdic file thorugh sequential stage

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

I am trying to read a file which was transfered from mainframes machine to the datastage sever in.txt format.The file is in ebcdic format,though I am able to read majority of the columns properly some of the columns data are not displayed properly.In the format tab this is what I have set
DataFormat=Binary
Characterset=Ascii
Record delimiter=Unix new line
Delimiter=none
Allow all zeros=yes

Do I need to set any other properties to read the data properly.

Is there any other way that file can be read easily like convert the file first into ascii on DataStage server and then reuse it in DataStage.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

If the file is in "ebcdic format" why have you set Characterset=Ascii? It means what it is not what you want it to be.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
RAJEEV KATTA
Participant

Post by RAJEEV KATTA »

There is a program which is transfering the file I think its transfering it in ascii character set format because when I try to load the TD it changes the properties by default to stated as below.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

OK, that's fine. HOWEVER if you have any packed fields then a simple ASCII conversion will destroy them. Are they the fields that are not 'displaying properly'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers