APT_LUTCreateOp Warning(Preserve partition flag "Clear)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsedi
Participant

APT_LUTCreateOp Warning(Preserve partition flag "Clear)

Post by dsedi »

We are getting APT_LUTCreateOp warning message in one of our Job

Code: Select all

Lookup_70: When checking operator: Operator of type "APT_LUTCreateOp": will partition despite the
Preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 0.
Job design:

Lookup stage is having 2 reference Links with the main stream
Main stream from Oracle DB,
Reference 1 form DB2 stage
Reference 2 form a Transformer (which is getting data from a seq file stage)
We have enabled 3 columns as lookup keys and on all the 3 links, Partition Type set to Hash with Sorting Option Enabled
Prior to the Lookup, All the 3 stages Preserve partition flag has been set to Clear.

Before all slap down...we did search and read all which says about clearing the Preserve partition flag for this issue. and even we have replied something here
Sorry If we are missing something and Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by dsedi on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

So HAVE you set the Preserve Partitioning flag to "Clear" in the Lookup stage? In the stage upstream of the Lookup stage on each input?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsedi
Participant

Post by dsedi »

ray.wurlod wrote:So HAVE you set the Preserve Partitioning flag to "Clear" in the Lookup stage? In the stage upstream of the Lookup stage on each input? ...
Ray Thanks.

Yes We have set the Preserve Partitioning flag to "Clear" in the Lookup stage and also in all the stages in the Job.

and fyi, we are getting this warning for both of the reference links

Code: Select all

Lookup_70: When checking operator: Operator of type "APT_LUTCreateOp": will partition despite the
preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 0.
preserve-partitioning flag on the data set on input port 1.
Any clue would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check again that you have done this, particularly on the inputs to the Lookup stage. If you have, check that you have subsequently re-compiled the job.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsedi
Participant

Post by dsedi »

ray.wurlod wrote:Check again that you have done this, particularly on the inputs to the Lookup stage. If you have, check that you have subsequently re-compiled the job. ...
Thanks Ray. Yes, we are sure we have done this (Changing the Preserve partition flag to clear in all the input stages - before the lookup stage.)
and compiled couple of times for running again and again! :roll:

Does anybody have this kind of experience before? Does it need any patch level fix? :?:

Thanks in advance.
lamyyy
Participant

Re: APT_LUTCreateOp Warning(Preserve partition flag "Cl

Post by lamyyy »

I encounter the same warning when I change partitioning to hash in reference link. The work around I used is to set it back to auto and add copy stage before the reference link and apply hash or remove duplicate before the ref link.
dsedi
Participant

Re: APT_LUTCreateOp Warning(Preserve partition flag "Cl

Post by dsedi »

lamyyy wrote:I encounter the same warning when I change partitioning to hash in reference link. The work around I used is to set it back to auto and add copy stage before the reference link and apply hash or remove duplicate before the ref link.
Thanks lamyyy!

Yes you are right. We were getting this warning while we had the partition type as "Hash" on the reference Links. Now we have them as Entire and they are fine(no warnings)

You mean to say that, adding a copy stage before the lookup stage and keep the hash partition on the lookup stage reference input link will work without warnings? we will try this and post the results here.

Thanks again and we appreciate that.