Delete Dataset

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

atulgoel
Participant

Delete Dataset

Post by atulgoel »

Hi,

Is there any way to delete multiple dataset?

We can delete dataset one by one using "Data Set Management", but how to delete multiple dataset in Datastage 8.x.

Thanks
Atul
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can use the orchadmin command in a script or even with wildcard characters.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
atulgoel
Participant

Post by atulgoel »

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Can you please explain how to use orchadmin command to delete multiple dataset, because I am new to this.

Thanks
Atul
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Search of DSXchange would have saved you the trouble of waiting for this reply. Assuming that you have executed the dsenv script, your command search list (PATH environment variable) includes the DataStage parallel engine bin directory and have correctly set APT_CONFIG_FILE and APT_ORCHHOME, then the orchadmin command does most of the things that the GUI allows. To delete a Data Set, the syntax is orchadmin rm blah.ds, where blah.ds is the pathname of the control file of the Data Set in question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.