DataStage Engine Log files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

z035011
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Engine Log files

Post by z035011 »

Hi,

I am looking for a log file which includes/ records activities around DSEngine. For example when it went down, when it was brought UP, what caused the Engine to crash.

Thanks
Yogesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's no such thing as far as I know, it doesn't seem to maintain a log like that. I believe you can create a file called "errorlog" in the DSEngine directory and it will log certain problems there but it doesn't track the kind of 'activities' you are looking for from what I remember.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The file name is actually errlog. If you create it it exists and logs engine errors. Don't forget to make it writable.

Code: Select all

cd `cat /.dshome`
touch errlog
chmod 777 errlog
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah... that explains why the one I found called "errorlog" was empty. Figured everything was perfect. :lol:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Ancient UniVerse knowledge.
:wink:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.