Sequencer not working properly

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequencer not working properly

Post by saraswati »

Hi,
I have a master sequencer, that call sub sequencer and in turn call jobs. If the job/jobs abort, sub sequencer abort and in tern master sequencer abort. After i fix the job's related issue and rerun the master sequencer, although jobs complete without warning (neither i see any warining in sub sequencer Log), sub sequencer Finished with (see log), and hence my master sequencer abort too (as i set it to finished is sub sequencer finshed with out any warning). But i need if the there is no warning or error in sub sequencer, sub sequencer should finished with Finished status only.

Any light on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Sequencer not working properly

Post by ray.wurlod »

saraswati wrote:I have a master sequencer
No you don't. You have a sequence. A Sequencer only makes an Any/All decision about whether its inputs have fired. It's a component you use in a sequence.

Assuming you got that right, the issue is almost certainly how you are handling errors and warnings. You have told us nothing about that, and we're not prepared to guess.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
saraswati
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by saraswati »

ray.wurlod wrote:
saraswati wrote:I have a master sequencer
No you don't. You have a sequence. A Sequencer only makes an Any/All decision about whether its inputs have fired. It's a component you use in ...

Sorry it is sequence.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, you need to shine some light on the specifics of your error handling design, triggers etc, before we can help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
rkacham_DSX
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by rkacham_DSX »

Hi,
We are also migrating to DS8 having similar issue.
when ever we restart aborted job from aborted seq the job is finishing with see log and seqence is finishing with warnings . which is causing issue at master sequnce level..
is ther any setting we need to do
Thanks,
Ramesh
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yes, what you need to do is not run around finding other posts you think are similar and adding replies to them, rather you should start a new post and explain in detail your version of the problem.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers