dealing with special characters when decalring as a prameter

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

datastagedw
Participant

dealing with special characters when decalring as a prameter

Post by datastagedw »

Hello All,

I have come across this issue. I have a userid as abc\\read meaning that it has the escape character in it. I am able to run it when the userid is hardcoded however job gets aborted when trying to pass it as a parameter.

I checked the value being passed in the log, it seems to pass the correct value i.e, abc\\read. However the job aborts.

Also wanted to add that all this is being done in a ftp enterprise stage

Please let me know how to deal with such character when defined at the parametr level.
ETL DEVELOPER
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

You can Use the escape sequence. Its '\' . I use it for $APT_CONFIG_FILE

Regards
Sreeni
datastagedw
Participant

Post by datastagedw »

Sreenivasulu wrote:You can Use the escape sequence. Its '\' . I use it for $APT_CONFIG_FILE

Regards
Sreeni
Thanks for the reply. Do you mean to say that I should use something like paramter=abc\\\\read. because I have tried this. Shall i keep the escape in quotes?? I don't think I have to. Please let me know how exactly you used it.

Thanks once again
ETL DEVELOPER
datastagedw
Participant

Post by datastagedw »

Hi Sreeni,

I got the solution. I kept the entire thing under double quotes and it works. i mean paramter ="ab\\read" and it worke.

Anyways thanks for the quick response
ETL DEVELOPER